You look great! I love your skin You don’t look your age! We all want to hear these statements but most of us are unhappy with our skin. Unhealthy lifestyle, pollution, stress and lack of sleep takes a toll on our skin. And most of us turn to expensive beauty treatments or products but the fact is either these solutions are short-term solutions or they don’t help at all! What we overlook are the natural beauty secrets. These beauty secrets are inexpensive, have long-term effect and works for all skin types. We bring 7 best beauty tips that will give you desired results.
#Beauty secret 7: Know What You Eat
What you eat is how your body looks outside. One of the simple beauty secrets is to eat healthy food. While fast food does taste yummy; it is also the reason for weight gain and skin issues. While once in a while eating outside is okay but it is definitely a good idea to keep an eye on what you are eating. Add these foods to your daily diet to tackle skin issues:
- Tomato: Lycopene-phytochemical in tomatoes lowers acne-promoting hormone.
- Green tea: Green tea is anti-oxidant rich which can help you lose weight.
- Berries: Deep colored berries are loaded with antioxidants which helps in keeping our skin blemish-free.
- Fish and seafood: Omega 3 fatty acids found in fish and seafood helps in reducing wrinkle process.
- Brown rice: Lipids molecules present in brown rice helps to maintain moisture in the body.
Foods that you should avoid:
- Coffee: Do you drink more than 2 cups of caffeinated drinks in a day? Drinking more than a limit can lead to the release of cortisol, a stress hormone which can increase the aging process and make your skin look dull. So, better, stop drinking coffee or cut-down on your intake of coffee or caffeine products.
- Fast food: Everyone loves French fries, burger, pizza and pasta. But did you know that fast foods tend to lower the blood circulation and clogs our pores?
- Sugar: Excessive amount of sugar results in acne breakouts.
#Beauty secret 6: Exercise
Why do we go to a gym? To reduce weight, to flatten your belly or because your doctor has suggested? But, now I would give yet another good reason for exercising. It’s time to say bye-bye to expensive beauty creams and try some jogging. None of the other beauty secrets give duel benefit like exercise do.
- Instant glow with increased blood flow: When your heart pumps faster while exercising, the blood circulation increases. This results in detoxification and call renewal.
- A natural way to get rid of pimples: Exercising regularly also helps in unclogging pores and getting rid of oils and dirt.
- Step to healthy and strong hair: By exercising, scalp gets much-needed nourishment. Our hair cells needs oxygenated blood. The increase in blood circulation also keeps our hair and its follicles healthy.
- The stress-free mantra: The stress hormone cortisol accelerates the process of aging. It damages the collagen, loosens our skin and slows down production of new skin growth. Regular exercise counteracts against the harmful effects of cortisol.
#Beauty Secret 5: Get a beauty sleep
A good night sleep can lead to a good skin. Sleep deprivation leads to release of stress hormone, cortisol, and inflammation in the body which in turn hurts the quality of the skin.
Problems our skin faces due to lack of sleep:
- Acceleration in the process of aging: A good sleep helps in generation of new cells and repairing of damaged cells. Without sleep, this won’t occur, leading to small breakdowns and hence accelerating aging.
- Contribution to gaining weight: Sleep makes you eat less. Sleep deprivation may lead to excessive calorie consumption, making you fat.
- The big dark circles: Sleeping helps in balancing the hydration in the body. Poor sleep leads to a poor balance of water.Leading to dark circles under eyes, as well as dryness.
- Deteriorates skin’s natural beauty: Increased inflammatory cells leads to increase in the breakdown of collagen and hyaluronic acid, the ones who give the glow to the skin . It increases inflammatory response leading to increased acne breakouts, increased skin sensitivity.
#Beauty secret 4: Jack of all trades – Coconut oil
If you want an all-in-one natural beauty tip, then we present to you: coconut oil. Coconut oil is truly the jack of all trades in the world of beauty secrets. Whether you are looking to remove make-up, heal scars or fresh breath, coconut oil can help you. One of the best beauty secrets, coconut oil is an excellent beauty product that works wonder. Don’t believe us?
- Removes makeup easily: Whether it waterproof kajal or dark ruby lipstick. Coconut oil can easily clean them. Apply coconut oil with the help of cotton swab or ball and your make-up will instantly melt.
- Can be used as Body moisturizer: Being rich in fatty acids, it is a very good moisturizer. It is quick to absorb can keep your skin soft and glowing.
- Stimulating hair growth and dandruff treatment: Coconut oil moisturizes your hair roots that can help resolve dandruff and promote hair growth.
- DIY Lip scrub: Combine coconut oil with honey and here you go!
Also Read: 13 Different Uses of Coconut Oil
One of the ingredients from the kitchen is also an ingredient for making fine face packs. Besan or gram flour can help you fight acne, remove tan and get rid of excessive oil. Here’s how besan helps your skin:
- Acne: Mix 2 tbsp of besan, 1/2 tbsp honey and 1/2 tbsp raw milk. Apply the pack evenly and let it dry. You can use this solution as replacement to your expensive face wash.
- Tan Removal: Came back from a beach holiday? Make your besan and yogurt paste to fight tanning. Add 4 tablespoon of besan, 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of lemon and make a smooth paste. Apply all over face and neck and wash your face when the pack dries.
- Reduction of excessive oil: Got an oily skin? Apply the paste of gram flour combined with raw milk or yogurt and coconut oil.
#Beauty Secret 2: Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is currently one of the most popular and well-known beauty secrets.
- Anti-aging: At certain age wrinkles and fine lines tend to appear. Aloe vera helps to prevent those early signs. Mix aloe Vera with olive oil and apply on face for 3 minutes. Aloe vera not only moisturizes your skin but will also remove dead cells.
- Overcome sunburns: Aloe Vera reduces inflammation and can be directly applied on sunburn. It’s anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties also helps in reducing the redness caused by UV rays.
- Hair conditioner: Aloe Vera moisturizes your hair and hence strengthens and makes them shine. Apply aloe vera instead of conditioner.
- Makeup remover: Chemical-based makeup removers can dry your skin. Squeeze some Aloe vera gel onto cotton and use it as makeup remover.
Also Read: Benefits of Aloe Vera
#1 One of the most overlooked beauty secrets: H2O
There are certain things that are present near us but we just don’t realize it’s value. One of the best natural beauty tips for face is water. Water is one stop solution for many problems such as pimples, blackheads, dry hair or weight issues.
Dream of a clear skin? One of the Best beauty secrets for a face is drinking enough water. Water keeps your skin hydrated and removes dust that clogs the pores of the skin.
Struggling with weight issues? 7-8 glasses of water is all you need to lose weight. How does water help with weight loss? When our stomach is full, we eat less and crave less.
Want to have fantastic hair? Just like every other cell of the body, hair needs water too. Moreover, 70% of hair tissues are made up of water.
We hope you try these 7 beauty tricks and see the results. Have we missed any beauty secrets? Leave a comment below.
Featured image source: https://www.femina.in