When we think of northeast recipes, the most famous and well-known recipe most of us can think of is momos. Just like, other parts of India, food is an integral part of Northeast region. The Northeast cuisine is not at all bland. It is a combination of Indian and Tibetan food and is an absolute delight for non-vegetarians. These 5 Northeast recipes are yummy and can be easily prepared at home.
#1 Naga Pork
If you’re living to taste all the spicy food in the world, you should not miss ‘Naga Pork’. This delicious Pork dish from Nagaland can bring tears to your eyes with its spices.
If you are looking for more such spicy recipes, then check out our article 7 Spicy Dishes Ebery Spice Lover Must Try
- Mix garlic, tomato and chili paste.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker
- Cook the pork on medium heat for 15 minutes
- Add the paste to the cooker
- Add salt and two cups of water and stir it well.
- Cook in a pressure cooker for almost half an hour.
Recipe Courtesy: pancuisine.blogspot.com
#2 Misa Mach Poora
Another prawn recipe for foodies. The origin of Misa Mach Poora is Mizoram. You can never forget the taste of this dish once you’ve tasted it. However, its preparation can cost you a long time.
- Marinate the prawns with turmeric powder and salt.
- Boil water in a saucepan
- Add peppercorns and coriander powder in the water
- Add the prawns and cook it for 5-7 minutes
- Drain the water
- Add mustard oil on the prawns, wait till it’s ready to grill
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the prawns to it.
- Stir it with a spatula so that both sides of prawns get cooked equally
Recipe Courtesy: www.ixigo.com
This rice-based dish is the abode of clouds, Meghalaya. This dish can enchant anyone with its unique taste.
- Heat oil in a pot
- Add ginger paste, turmeric powder, onions and black pepper in the oil
- Fry it till it turns brown
- Add bay leaves
- Add pieces of pork (you can replace it with chicken if you want) and fry it
- Add rice and fry it for 3 minutes
- Add four cups of water
- Keep stirring from preventing it from getting sticky
Recipe Courtesy: www.pinterest.com
The root of this dish is Tibet, but it’s extremely popular in Sikkim. A lot of food lovers have already tasted it as it’s one of the most popular North-Eastern Dishes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry chopped onions, chilies, and garlic
- Add shredded meat and fry it for 10-15 minutes.
- Now put the noodles in water and boil for five minutes
- Drain the water and wash the noodles in cold water so that it does not stick with each other
- Now add soup paste in boiling water, you can add vegetable to it as well
- At the end put the soup in a serving bowl, add noodles and meat to it
Recipe Courtesy: Kitchenspells.blogspot.com
Not only the dances and songs of Assam are beautiful, their cuisines are as amazing as their culture. This recipe is a must try for the food lovers.
- Soak split pigeon peas in water for half an hour
- Heat mustard oil in a pan
- Add garlic clove and green chilies in the oil and wait for two minutes
- Add the now soaked split pigeon peas and sliced spinach to it
- Keep stirring till it gets soft
- Add salt and baking soda and water and cover it
- Cook it on low flame till the pigeon peas get cooked
Featured Image: http://www.templeofthai.com