There is a certain charm that comes in seeing a place you recognize so perfectly, in its heyday. These stunning images reinforce just that. Take a look, and you’ll see exactly what we mean.
Images and descriptions courtesy Behrooz K Y Avari on Facebook.
1. Appolo Bunder without the Gateway. Currently, it is the location of the famed Gateway of India.
2. BB&CI (Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway) Steam Engine.
3. Churchgate station, built in 1870, is named after the street leading out of this gate.
4. Churchgate Station
5. Colaba Reclaimation fromWodehouse Bridge.
6. A double-decker tram.
7. Elphinstone College and David Sassoon Library at Kala Ghoda.
9. ‘Khada Parsi’.
10. Old AC coach, being cooled by ice.
11. Peak hour at Bombay Central.
13. Scotch Church, Court-House, and entrance to the Dock-Yard.
16. A train reaches Churchgate Station from Colaba.
18. The view from Colaba Reclamation.
19. VT (Victoria Terminus), now CST.
20. Watsons Hotel