I find people who look for Indian food abroad really absurd. I mean, sure it’s your comfort food, and it’s something that you know is nice to taste, but what’s the point of travelling if you don’t try and imbibe the culture of where you’re at to the fullest?
Having said that, it’s not very easy. Going to a foreign land and eating what they eat can put you in a fix. More so if you don’t speak their language, and have to depend of food menu translations. Take these 19 menu translations for example – the food might be great for all you know, but will you be able to put it in your mouth if that’s how they described the dish?
1. There’s finally something that even Google doesn’t have a clue about.
2. So basically, mince meat.
3. Umm, na don’t think it’s worth experiencing anywhere.
4. If you’re rude, that’s what they do to you.
5. For those who can never decide.
6. It has to be shit that anyone can make up.
7. Best to avoid chicken altogether, I guess.
8. Never piss off the woman of the house.
9. Don’t know what’s worse, the fact that it’s on the menu, or the fact that it costs just $14.80.
10. Maybe not tonight.
11. They serve it on a platter. How kind of them.
12. You better order it.
13. The Japs are really strong with their tech game.
14. Hey, don’t blame the pizza, it’s just…
15. Some kids, I tell you.
16. Umm, not sure about this.
17. They make sure they don’t choose smokers for this…
18. Just one bean is enough.
19. Maybe it’s an aphrodisiac.
Gotta love these.